Job Description – Principal Software Engineer (2011631) Job Description Principal Software Engineer – ( 2011631 ) Description Students need your help Please join us as we rapidly scale out a new generation of our proven virtual K-12 schools. More than ever, students need the flexibility and rewards of a complete accredited education experience from home. At Pearson Online & Blended Learning, our schools provide home-based public school education to anyone who needs it, supplying internet access, computers and materials without charge.
If you are a seasoned Software Development Engineer interested in joining a vibrant engineering team working on the cutting edge of remote learning, we’d love to meet you Company Summary: With more than 24,000 employees across the globe, Pearson is the world’s learning company, providing a range of products and services that help people make progress in their lives through learning. Since 2001, our Online & Blended Learning division has reimagined K-12 education with full-time virtual schools for students who want a personalized, more flexible approach to learning. Our flagship products and services include Connections Academy, US-based online public charter schools; International Connections Academy, a global online private school; and Pearson Connexus, our comprehensive online school program for school districts nationwide.
Our company culture is built around our motto “Always Learning” and a set of core values that we live by: brave, imaginative, decent, accountable, curious, customer-centric, and collaborative. Position Summary: The Principal Software Engineer is responsible as a technical leader of Agile development teams. The software development teams are responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of features as part of building our next-generation platform.
The Principal Software Engineer both guides the team towards best technical and business outcomes as well as participates in building best-in-class technical solutions in a variety of areas of the system. Behaviors we are seeking in the Principal Software Engineer: · You are a leader. · You have exceptional, “go to” technical skills.
· You listen and learn. · You have a bias towards action. · The words “not my job” are not in your vocabulary.
· You are candid yet compassionate. · You don’t shy away from difficult conversations. · You are proactive.
· You are a thought leader. · You are collaborative by default. · You care about people and our mission.
People are your 1 priority, both employees and customers. Primary Responsibilities: · Deliver robust, customer driven, reliable and “built-for-purpose” solutions. · Deep expertise in fundamentals and best practices developing in an integrated technology environment · Technical resource, problem solver and thought leader for talented software, database, and quality engineers.
· Provide leadership feedback on team talent, training opportunities and encouragement. · Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all engineering areas. · Help establish and enhance development best practices.
Support their implementation with teams. · Work together with managers and senior software developers to plan and execute projects. · Participate in hiring.
· Partner with team manager for quality and timeliness of the team’s deliverables. · Architect .NET and database solutions by study of existing platform ensuring best practices and industry techniques.
· Provide detailed and timely status updates to management. · Maintain technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations. · Accomplish department and organization missions by completing tasks as needed.
· Proactively respond to occasional system errors, including during off hour and coordinates response amongst the team; and · Other duties as assigned. Qualifications Requirements: The individual in this position will serve as a technical leader to the organization and support one or more teams both on and offshore. Due to the nature of this position, the applicant will need the ability to work from home or during off-hours as necessary.
Candidates must have: · At least eight years’ experience developing web applications, with at least 4 years working in the Microsoft .NET solutions stack · Deep experience in Microsoft / Azure / ADP/ .NET / C# development environment · Ability to design, develop and tune SQL server databases · Work well in an agile development setting · At least two years’ experience in analyzing business requirements, recommending technical solutions, and writing technical specifications and/or requirements · Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously · Ability to adapt to change · Extremely detail-oriented work ethic · Excellent verbal and written communication skills · High-speed Internet access at home (a computer will be provided for you by the company) · The ability to demonstrate work experience by providing examples, samples, and source code · A Self-starter · Deep Azure skills a big plus · Ability or experience working in a Salesforce development environment a big plus · Ability or experience working with Student Information Services or Learning Management Systems a big plus · Ability or experience working with Identity Management systems a big plus
You are only one step away from being able to work remotely from anywhere. Fill out your email address here and then you will be directed to the application page for this remote job position. Good luck!