The ProQuest Mission Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market. Sr.
Regional Sales Director (Midwest Region) What will I be doing The Regional Sales Senior Director is responsible for leading sales efforts and teams to meet and exceed ProQuest revenue and market penetration goals assigned territory in the US. In this position, you will also… • Leads sales teams in driving account retention, expansion and acquisition for ProQuest sales throughout the market to meet or exceed goals through relationship building, prospecting, and implementation of networking strategies. • Collaborates closely with peer Sales Directors to develop and implement strategies for cross selling, up-selling and blending efforts across specialty and generalist areas.
• Develops monthly revenue forecast, territory design, and resource planning for sale of all products. • Drives revenue growth for new and renewing business. • Oversees Account Managers in developing and sustaining key relationships to maximize revenue and business opportunities, participating in negotiation process as appropriate.
• Partners with Specialist sales leaders/teams to create an organization that develops and executes strategic account plans. • Oversees complex deals, taking into account financial considerations, support infrastructure, margins, impact on territory and other factors. • In conjunction with sales teams, manages major business relationships to maximize revenue, billing, and business opportunities.
Assists with negotiations as appropriate. • Hires, motivates, manages and develops a team of sales professionals including Account Managers, Client Relationship Managers, and others. • Coaches Account Managers and Client Relationship Managers to effectively work across a matrixed sales organization.
• Participates in strategic design of incentive compensation programs to successfully drive individual contributor behavior. • Provides input to publishing and marketing to create and shape new product development and product enhancements. • Leads regional sales meetings; participates in strategic planning & sales leadership meetings.
• Partners with publishing and marketing to support sales efforts. • Maintains a thorough understanding of ProQuest’s strategies, goals, structure, and operating methodologies. • Develops and leads strategic sales initiatives as part of the North America sales leadership team Reasons you should apply 1.
You have a passion for being a strong leader and are results oriented 2. You have a passion for solving customer problems and pushing yourself and others to exceed goals 3. You are a hands-on leader who leads by example This job may not be a fit if 1.
You’re not able to travel up to 50% of the time. 2. You struggle to navigate and work cross-functionally in a position not located in an office.
3. You don’t have strong communication and presentation skills. Qualified Candidates must have… • Bachelors degree plus minimum 10 years related sales experience, with a minimum of 5 yearss sales leadership experience in a comparable industry and/or to a comparable customer base, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of ProQuest’s strategy, product line and client base. • Strong leadership and managerial skills, with proven ability to hire, motivate, educate, develop, hold accountable, and retain top talent. • Strong forecasting, budgeting, financial analysis, and planning skill set with ability to ability to analyze compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
• Experience negotiating large-scale contracts in the global arena. • Ability to clearly and compellingly articulate the full ProQuest value proposition. • Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Excellent organizational skills, with ability to mobilize resources across a matrixed organization to reach shared goals. • Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role, particularly Microsoft Office suite of products.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have… • Professional experience in a library setting. • Masters’ degree in Library Science. • Existing network of potential customers.
• Fluency in languages other than English. More to love about becoming a PQ employee • Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers • We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning • We hold fun on-site events • Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative • We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays) • All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals Other important information about this position • This position is remote based in the Midwest Region and will cover the Midwest Region. • Up to 50% travel required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. • Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accomOrganizationations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
You are only one step away from being able to work remotely from anywhere. Fill out your email address here and then you will be directed to the application page for this remote job position. Good luck!