Effective Date: 18 March 2020
- visitors, customers and users of the website https://searchremotely.com (the “Website”);
- any related Search Remotely social media page, internal website, intranet and any related mobile or tablet applications;
- users of services of Search Remotely performed on or through the Website (the “Services”).
Definition of Personal Data
Collection of your Personal Data
Providing personal data is an act of trust and is taken seriously. We will not collect your personal data, unless we have your consent and/or otherwise it is permissible by and/or required by law.
Search Remotely collects personal data in a number of ways. We collect your personal data, when you voluntarily:
- visit, browse, and use our Website;
- order and/or use our Services;
- make a purchase;
- fill in registration or other online form on the Website;
- contact us with any inquiries and in relation to the Website and/or Services;
- send us an email with personal data;
- communicate with us, our staff through the Website, via email or phone;
- provide any information to Search Remotely.
Search Remotely may collect the following personal data:
- account data provided by you when you create a user account, including, username, email address and similar contact details;
- profile data, including your photo, links to social media pages and similar data, provided that your public profile can be viewed by others;
- financial information when you pay for our Services, including, without limitation, credit or debit card number, card name, etc;
- professional information about you, including, without limitation, company name, job title, email address;
- information that you provide to Search Remotely when you order certain Services available on the Website (online courses, job search, etc.)
- information that you provide to Search Remotely when Search Remotely reasonably requests it in order to provide you with Services;
- any other personal data which you directly provide to Search Remotely.
Our Website can be visited anonymously. The Website processes anonymous metadata such as the URL of the requested file, the amount of data transferred, the date and time of the request from the user, Internet browser information, operating system type, the IP address of the used device, the Internet service provider, reference links such as user clicks on certain links.
When you visit our Website and use our Services, we may automatically receive some information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the type of browser and operating system you have used;
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the device which has accessed it (example PC, tablet);
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .au, .eu, etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the previous website visited;
- the average duration of a page view;
- the navigation behavior and preferences of the user.
This anonymized data cannot be used by the Website to obtain personally identifiable information.
This information is only used for general purposes, such as technical improvements, statistical and marketing analysis.
Certain advertisement cookies may be provided by third party providers which include tracking technologies (“third party cookies”). If any third party uses third party cookies on our Website, any such action is subject to confidentiality, privacy and data protection obligations with us.
You may use the settings within your browser to control cookies or prevent accepting some or all cookies. Both first party cookies and third party cookies can be rejected in your browser settings. To find out more useful information on how to block cookies using different browsers, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You can block or delete all or some cookies. However, blocking or deleting cookies may limit your use of the full advantages of our Website.
The collection of personal data is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of 13 years old. Personal data will not be collected by any person who is known by Search Remotely to be under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age 13 may only use our Website and Services with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Sharing your Personal Data
Search Remotely may share your information with:
- service providers we work with to deliver some Services, including payment processors;
- legal and regulatory authorities, as required by applicable laws and regulations;
- our employees, contractors, temporary workers and other authorized representatives;
- our auditors, lawyers, accountants, consultants and other professional advisors, where it is reasonably necessary for obtaining advice, professional services, or managing legal disputes;
- any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data.
We do not collect or request your sensitive data (including, but not limited to, information about your religious or political beliefs, opinions). Where you have provided it to us voluntarily, you shall be solely responsible for the security of any sensitive data, and we do not intend to use this data for any purpose, nor share this data with any third parties. Please do not share sensitive and other personal data that you would not want to be publicly available.
Use of Personal Data
Personal data will be collected, held, used and disclosed for the following purposes jointly and/or severally:
- to process account registration on behalf of the user;
- to provide you with the Website and Services requested;
- to personalize your user experience;
- improve our Services and Website;
- to process transactions;
- to send you technical or administrative notices in relation to important features of the Website;
- to respond to any complaints;
- to send you newsletters you subscribed to;
- to process any requests;
- to develop new products and services;
- to the extent permissible or necessary by law, for any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Search Remotely in the circumstances;
Users’ Rights in relation to its Personal Data
You may access your personal data held by us to correct, update and remove inaccurate or incorrect data. You have the following rights:
- withdraw your consent at any time and/or restrict the processing of your data;
- delete some or all personal data that we held about you;
- change or correct your personal data that we held about you;
- object to, or limit or restrict, use of your personal data;
- right to access, review and/or correct your personal data;
If you want to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of Personal Data
We use certain adequate technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data.
We retain your personal data in Australia. However, we may transfer your personal data to a location outside of Australia or the country you reside in. In this case, we will endeavor to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) of Australia (as amended) as well as other applicable laws. In doing so, we will make sure that such country has similar standards of protection that are at least comparable to the laws of Australia. All our service providers are bound by confidentiality and privacy protection obligations with us.
We retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it or as needed to provide you with the Services, except if required otherwise by law.
In some cases, we may determine the period of data retention based on the period we need to access the data for the provision of Services, receiving payment, resolving your customer support issues or for any other auditing or legal purposes.
Retention periods may be changed from time to time based on regulatory requirements.
Search Remotely may send you notifications which are of two types:
- system notification (examples of such notification may include payment confirmation, renewal notification);
- newsletters that you directly subscribed to.
It should be noted that you may not unsubscribe from system notification as these emails contain important service information and are sent for your legitimate interests. You may unsubscribe from product and service notifications any time by visiting an opt-out page.
Merge of Company
Please reach out to us on the following:
ABN: 30 667 823 204
19 Wellington Street, Bondi, NSW, Australia, 2026